We are now accepting applications for the Ajax Public Library Board.
The Town of Ajax invites interested and qualified residents to apply for an appointment to the Ajax Public Library Board. The nine (9) member Library Board is responsible for ensuring that public library services in Ajax help Ajax Council to meet its strategic objectives while delivering services to residents that support their life-long learning, social, cultural, and recreational goals.
The Town is currently seeking applicants for the Ajax Public Library Board 2022 - 2026 term.
Applicants must be:
- 18 years of age or older;
- A resident of Ajax;
- A Canadian citizen;
- Able to attend monthly meetings (typically Thursday evenings); and
- Not employed by the board or by the municipality.
- Able to present proof of COVID vaccination*.
- Hires, and evaluates the ongoing performance of, the Chief Librarian & Executive Officer.
- Promotes and advocates the services and the value of public libraries in the Ajax community.
- Establishes long range goals and objectives for Ajax Public Library.
- Identifies and represents local community needs and interests.
- Ensures the delivery of programs and services that reflect the unique needs and interests of the community.
- Approves budgets presented to Municipal Council that will provide sufficient levels of funding to ensure quality library service for the community.
- Adheres to the Public Libraries Act, its regulations and legislation.
Successful candidates will be invited to attend a follow-up interview.
Applications will be accepted until 5:00 p.m. Friday, October 28, 2022.
- Download/complete Library Board Application form.
- Library Board Recruitment FAQ
- Ajax Public Library Board 2018 - 2022 Legacy Document
For additional information, please contact:
Chief Librarian & Executive Officer
Phone: 905-683-4000 ext. 8825
*Library Board members are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19; proof of vaccination status will be requested during the recruitment process. Medical exemptions or any other kind of requested exemption based on the Library’s obligations pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code will be considered on a case by case basis.