Please note: Effective January 5, 2022 the Library is not able to provide Exam Proctoring Services as Ontario moves into a modified Step 2.
A proctored or invigilated exam and testing service provides a neutral person to ensure the identity of the person taking the test or exam, and the integrity of the testing or exam environment. Ajax Public Library provides exam proctoring for students who require the service!
Requirements for Exam Proctoring Service
- Service is available to high school and post-secondary students at Main Branch (55 Harwood Ave. S.) only, for online (onsite only) and paper exams.
- Maximum of 2 concurrent exams at one time.
- Services must be booked a minimum of 5 days in advance of requested/scheduled exam date.
- Instructions for the exam, or the exam itself, must arrive a minimum of 3 days in advance of the scheduled exam proctoring date.
- Person requesting the exam proctoring is responsible for ensuring the exam is available at the Library on time, and should work with their school to confirm.
- For most schools, a fee of $40 per exam, plus $1.07 meeting room insurance must be paid to the Library upon completion of exam. Postage fees may also apply.
How to Request Exam Proctoring
- Contact Corporate Services via email or call 905-683-4000 ext. 8827
- Provide the following information:
- Date and time request(s);
- Name of school issuing the exam;
- Format of exam (ex. written, or online);
- Number of hours allotted to complete the exam;
- Any special accommodations required.
Re-Scheduling and Cancellations
- Re-scheduling requires 48 hours advance notice.
- A $5.00 rescheduling fee will apply in addition to exam-proctoring fees.
- No-shows without 48 hours advance cancellation notice will forfeit future booking privileges.
- Exam Proctoring is offered Tuesday to Saturday between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.. Exams must be completed by 6 p.m.
- Students must bring photo ID for verification.
- Students must arrive at least 15 minutes prior to their scheduled exam time.
- Once the exam is completed, the Library will mail any written examinations or other required documentation directly to the school issuing the exam.
- Online documentation will be completed by the Library to ensure exam processing.
- Get more information about exam proctoring from Ajax Public Library's Corporate Services team. Contact us via email or call 905-683-4000 ext. 8827.